Steiner: Alfa Romeo won't affect Haas/Ferrari relationship

• Published on 08 Feb 2019 11:42

Haas team principal Guenther Steiner has no worries about Haas' relationship with Ferrari following Sauber's rebranding to Alfa Romeo. Haas carries a strong relationship with Ferrari, using a number of their parts for its cars.

Haas has operated this way since it entered the Formula 1 field in 2016. Last year, it enjoyed its most successful campaign to date, finishing fifth in the constructors' standings, missing out on fourth to Renault by 22 points.

Ferrari is a sister company of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, which owns Alfa Romeo. But Steiner believes that Haas' relationship with the Italian giant won't change at all despite the increased investment from Alfa Romeo.

“We’ve got a very solid relationship with them [Ferrari], technically, humanly, financially,” said Steiner. “We worked together now for three seasons, but it’s more than three seasons because we worked before with them for years, four or five years almost, so we are very solid with them.

“They respect us, we respect them. We collaborate very well. What they do with Sauber - or with Alfa Romeo, sorry! - is none of my business, and they know that I respect that fully, I don’t interfere. As long as we get what they promised and what they give us, and they do, I’m happy.

“What they do otherwise, so be it. I’m not critical or anything, and I don’t really care actually what they [Ferrari] do with them [Alfa Romeo], as long as we do what we always do, and we do. So I’m happy.”

Haas launched its 2019 challenger on Thursday with an all-new livery, inspired by its new title sponsor, Rich Energy.

• Probably not, generally speaking Ferrari has been pretty good at treating his two concubines pretty evenly, even if one always wanna wear some of his clothes.

• Feb 8 2019 - 16:21
    • Of course, why would Ferrari object to having to B teams providing them loads of data and waving them by whenever Seb spins on the first lap. I lost count of how many times that happened last year. I don't think a lot of people noticed.

• Feb 8 2019 - 17:35
    • *painful groan as memories of early McHonda retirements and silly Vettel mistakes plays in PTSD gray-scale* Oh yes, we noticed alright... We noticed... Ever mentioned how I shouldn't cheer for anything?

• Feb 8 2019 - 18:27
    • @calle Cheer up mate. It's a new season. I am like a child this time of the year with F1. Somehow I forget all the bullshit and politics of the previous year and look forward to the new season like a child looks forward to Christmas.

• Feb 8 2019 - 18:59
    • Oh, so am I. I am really looking forward to this season, like a child looks forward to Christmas, like an adult looks forward to holiday, and like I usually look forward to the motor season or cake. :D Which is odd, considering how much of a cynical prick I am. I am sooo close to hype for RB-Honda, and I don't really dare to take the leap. Considering my previous avatar was that of an Assassin's creed character, it'd be just my luck with the ground that is RB-Honda would glitch out of me and I'd fall right through the floor and into the abyss.

• Feb 8 2019 - 19:08