Carlos Sainz has denied prematurely announcing Toro Rosso's new 2015-spec Ferrari engine deal for next season. Earlier in Abu Dhabi, the Spanish driver reportedly told the Movistar broadcaster that "it is a relief that this is our last race with Renault. I believe we will have more power with Ferrari next year, and also better reliability."
But the Toro Rosso driver says he was misquoted. "I did not say Ferrari -- I did not mention that word. I only said that I hope to get a more powerful engine in the coming year," Sainz said on Friday.
Bahrain International Circuit - Winter testing
Would you like to stay up to date with the latest Lewis Hamilton and Formula 1 news from GPtoday? Activate free push notifications and be the first to know!