Deck stacked against any driver 'not named Schumacher' - Ticktum

• Published on 26 Sep 2018 10:01
  • By: Harry Mattocks

British European Formula 3 driver and championship contender Dan Ticktum has said that he has been robbed of the title because his last name is not 'Schumacher'. This has come after the Brit has been leading the championship for the majority of the year, only for Mick Schumacher to go on a fiver race winning streak.

Mick, the son of the Michael Schumacher, won all three races at the Nürburgring, and also the first two races in Austria. Ticktum on the other hand had a rather poor weekend, only finishing 8th, 17th and then 4th in the final race, albeit still two places behind Schumacher. Ticktum said: “Not ideal is the best way I can describe the weekend here in Austria.

When responding to the negative response regarding his comments, he said: “I’m not a sore loser. Neither am I salty. I have a huge respect for Mick who had dealt with a lot in the past few years. I am simply suggesting that it seems to have come from nowhere? I never said it was illegal.

"I appreciate I have lessons to learn still! I’m not denying that. You don’t know the real story because you are not at the track looking at everyone’s data. So I’m afraid I have to tell you that your opinion is invalid under these circumstances.

"Unfortunately however I am fighting a losing battle as my last name is not Schumacher. I have had a bad weekend yes some to do with my own doing some to do with the teams. This is racing. Like I said I’m not the same guy I was 3 years ago. I’ve learnt a lot. I’ve been robbed of a championship whether it’s my fault or not that’s why I’m upset.”

• If it is your own fault, you are not robbed...
    The word robbed implies it s someone else's doing... Sounds a little like a sore loser.
    I, for one, would love to see a 3rd Schumacher do well in racing

• Sep 26 2018 - 10:28
  • denis1304

is there any difference between cars, or is it just different setups?

• Sep 26 2018 - 14:43
  • This kid... he should be happy that the racing world has given him a second chance after his tremendously embarrassing antics at Silverstone a few years ago. He got a two year suspension from that one. At the time he said this:

“I want to apologise to my fellow drivers all those people who have supported me in the motor racing community. I also want to apologise to all the marshals and MSA officials at Silverstone this weekend.

“I have been a fool and I intend to learn the important lessons I need to from this weekend.”

I was actually happy that this kid got a second chance and that he was succeeding, but whining when other succeed, acting butthurt, blaming it on someone's last name, come on... that's pathetic in the extreme. If he really has evidence something was done he needs to present it or shut up.

• Sep 26 2018 - 17:18
  • Ticktum dear, if you are not salty, then I am not. And no salinity detector will tell me otherwise, clearly they are all erroneous!

• Sep 26 2018 - 19:44
  • Looking at Ticktums history I don't believe a word he says. Sour Grapes, the only person he needs to blame is himself.

• Sep 27 2018 - 18:48