user icon

Sebastien Buemi hopes to announce 2013 return 'soon'

  • Published on 15 Oct 2012 15:14
  • comments 0
  • By: Rob Veenstra
Sebastien Buemi has revealed he is confident he will return to the grid in 2013. Like the now Pirelli tester Jaime Alguersuari, Swiss Buemi was ousted by Toro Rosso at the end of last year but retained by team owner Red Bull as the main team's F1 reserve.

Dr Helmut Marko has said he is happy to keep Buemi, 23, at Red Bull Racing next season, but at the same time vowed to not stand in his way should he be offered a 2013 race seat. With Nico Hulkenberg heading to Sauber to replace the McLaren-bound Sergio Perez, it has been reported that Buemi is a leading contender to move to Force India in 2013. But, reportedly, so too are Spaniard Alguersuari and also the well-backed former Force India driver Adrian Sutil.

Buemi told the French-language RMC: "Everything is going well in the discussions for next year. But as long as nothing is done, I'd rather not talk about it. But it is on track and I hope to announce something soon," he added. (GMM)

Replies (0)

Login to reply

BE Grand Prix of Belgium

Local time 

BE Grand Prix of Belgium

Local time 

Related news

Test calendar

Circuit de Catalunya - Winter testing

Circuit de Catalunya - Winter testing

See full test schedule

Give your opinion!

Will Bottas challenge Hamilton for the world championship in 2020?

World Championship standings 2020

Show full world champion standings

Driver profile

  • Country Mexico
  • Date of b. Jan 26 1990 (31)
  • Place of b. Guadalajara, Mexico
  • Weight 64 kg
  • Length 1.73 m
Show full profile

Team profile

Show full profile

Formula 1 Calendar - 2021

Date
Grand Prix
Circuit
-
Bahrain
26 - Mar 28
Bahrain
See full schedule

Formula 1 Calendar - 2021

Date
Grand Prix & Circuit
26 - Mar 28
See full schedule
show sidebar