Manor pays entry fee for 2015 season to the FIA
- Published on 17 Feb 2015 10:19
-
0
- By: Rob Veenstra
Manor, formerly known as Marussia, is plotting its course for a 2015 return. Earlier, the backmarker appeared doomed, as administrators auctioned equipment and the 2016 entrant Haas moved into its Banbury headquarters. But last week, there were crucial signs of life.
'Manor F1 Team' emerged on the internet and with official social media profiles featuring the slogan 'Get ready', announcing it is preparing to exit administration. Rival Force India, however, threw a spanner in the works when a bid for Manor to field the 2014 Marussia car this year was blocked.
The move was slammed by Gian Carlo Minardi, the former owner of a famous F1 backmarker, as "absurd and unsportsmanlike", but Manor insists it is still working on its 2014 and 2015 cars, apparently now at a new base in Dinnington.
Italy's Autosprint, meanwhile, reports that Manor has paid its official entry fee to the FIA for the 2015 season. "The FIA," added the report, "is keeping the door open for the former Marussia team by not yet finalising the official entry list. According to reliable sources," said Autosprint, "important discussions will be held this week, after which the Federation will decide on Manor's admission." (GMM)
'Manor F1 Team' emerged on the internet and with official social media profiles featuring the slogan 'Get ready', announcing it is preparing to exit administration. Rival Force India, however, threw a spanner in the works when a bid for Manor to field the 2014 Marussia car this year was blocked.
The move was slammed by Gian Carlo Minardi, the former owner of a famous F1 backmarker, as "absurd and unsportsmanlike", but Manor insists it is still working on its 2014 and 2015 cars, apparently now at a new base in Dinnington.
Italy's Autosprint, meanwhile, reports that Manor has paid its official entry fee to the FIA for the 2015 season. "The FIA," added the report, "is keeping the door open for the former Marussia team by not yet finalising the official entry list. According to reliable sources," said Autosprint, "important discussions will be held this week, after which the Federation will decide on Manor's admission." (GMM)
.
Trending news
-
FIA would have to take action if Vettel drove dangerously again
The governing body of Formula 1, the FIA, would have to take action against Sebastian Vettel if the four time champio...
06 Jul 2017 14:06
Azerbaijan Grand Prix
Local time
-
Friday
Saturday
Sunday
Azerbaijan Grand Prix
Local time
-
Friday
-
Saturday
-
Sunday
-
Friday
-
Saturday
-
Sunday
Test calendar
Circuit de Catalunya - Winter testing
Bahrain International Circuit - Winter testing
Bahrain International Circuit - Winter testing
World Championship standings 2025
Pos
Driver
Team
Points
Pos
Team
Points
Related news
Give your opinion!
Formula 1 Calendar - 2026
Date
Grand Prix
Circuit
-
-
-
Formula 1 Calendar - 2026
Date
Grand Prix & Circuit
-
-
-
Team profile
- Team name Force India
- Base Silverstone, India
- Sergio Perez 11
- Sergio Perez 11
- Nico Hülkenberg 12
- Adrian Sutil 14
- Adrian Sutil 15
- Lance Stroll 18
- Adrian Sutil 20
- Nico Hülkenberg 27
- Nico Hülkenberg 27
- Esteban Ocon 31
- Esteban Ocon 31
96,021 comments on Force India
8 members have this team as their favourite
Tweets about Force India

Replies (0)
Login to reply