Lucas di Grassi has urged the FIA to work out a resolution to a date clash between the World Endurance Championship and Formula E.
Last week it was announced that the 2017 Nurburgring WEC round would take place on July 16 clashing with the previously confirmed Montreal Formula E double header event.
With as many as 10 drivers from the 2015/16 Formula E season also competing in WEC, di Grassi has said that a solution needs to be found.
"It caught a lot of people out," he told Autosport. "There must be a way of making the races not clash.
"We're only talking about 20 weekends, it's a lot but there's still room to avoid clashes.
"We'll try to push the organisers and the FIA to find a solution.
"There are some constraints for local promoters and sponsors, it's a complex decision.
"It's in the best interests of everyone that we have the best drivers in both. It's difficult, but possible."
di Grassi, who drives for Audi in both WEC and Formula E has said that he would need to discuss with the Ingolstadt marque which one would be a priority.
"Imagine the situation where you have a bad beginning of the WEC season and you're fighting for the FE championship," he said. "I will then have to discuss with Audi what is the priority. Is it to fight for the championship or to do a WEC round that you could do with two drivers?
Bahrain International Circuit - Winter testing