News
-
Sainz's father says famous surname no ticket to F1
Carlos Sainz insists his famous name alone did not power his 20-year-old son all the way to formula one. Carlos Sainz jr, the new reigning Formula Renault 3.5 champion, will mak...
05 Jan 2015 11:24 -
Mercedes, McLaren to change liveries for 2015
At least two top teams will enter the 2015 season with fundamentally different colour schemes, it has emerged. Spain's El Mundo Deportivo reports that new reigning champions Mer...
05 Jan 2015 10:59 -
Max Verstappen: "I'm a driver, not a magician"
Max Verstappen has moved to play down expectations ahead of his record-making formula one debut in 2015. With the FIA set to clamp down on very young drivers from 2016, the Dutc...
05 Jan 2015 09:32 -
Force India to launch new VJM08 on January 21
Force India has set a firm date for the launch of its 2015 car, the Mercedes-powered VJM08. After finishing the 2014 season a career-high sixth in the constructors' championship...
05 Jan 2015 08:43 -
Fantasy Dakar 2015: 225 euro price money
The Fantasy Dakar 2015 starts on Sunday 4 January 2015 at 11:00 hours CET. The Dakar Rally takes place in South America (Argentina, Bolivia and Chili) and exists out of 13 stag...
03 Jan 2015 15:01 -
Sauber announces Marciello as test and reserve driver
The Sauber F1 Team is pleased to announce Raffaele Marciello as its test and reserve driver for 2015. The 20-year-old Italian started his racing career in karting in 2005. After...
31 Dec 2014 11:37 -
Family Bianchi statement: "No significant change in situation Jules"
The parents of Jules Bianchi, Philippe and Christine, would like to provide the following update regarding Jules’ medical situation: "As we reach the conclusion of a diffic...
30 Dec 2014 17:46 -
One year on - Schumacher still faces 'long fight' for recovery
Michael Schumacher faces a 'long fight' his manager, Sabine Kehm, has revealed a year following his tragic skiing accident in the French Alps of Méribel. The 44-year-old Ger...
29 Dec 2014 12:36 -
Haas buys Marussia factory
Haas, the new American F1 team for 2016, has reportedly acquired Marussia's factory in Banbury, UK. Although the cars will be designed and manufactured at a bespoke facility alo...
24 Dec 2014 09:44 -
Ferrari to launch new car late January via internet
Ferrari will launch its 2015 car on the internet in late January. The fabled Italian team's new boss Maurizio Arrivabene confirmed to reporters earlier this week that the new pr...
24 Dec 2014 09:16 -
New law threatens Monza future
The future of the historic grand prix at fabled Monza has taken a blow this week, according to reports in the Italian press. F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone warned earlier this yea...
23 Dec 2014 09:44 -
Ferrari boss warns Raikkonen to deliver results
Kimi Raikkonen will need to prove in 2015 that he deserves another year at Ferrari. That is the warning of new Ferrari team boss Maurizio Arrivabene, following recent reports th...
23 Dec 2014 09:23 -
Villeneuve: "Verstappen debut an insult"
Jacques Villeneuve says the forthcoming debut of F1's youngest ever race driver Max Verstappen is "an insult". Just a year out of karts, 17-year-old Verstappen has been signed t...
22 Dec 2014 11:49 -
Audi recruit adds more fuel to F1 rumours
Audi appears to be taking more steps towards a potential F1 foray in the near future. Rumours of a project were fuelled recently when ousted Ferrari boss Stefano Domenicali resu...
22 Dec 2014 09:35 -
Red Bull Racing keeps Buemi as reserve driver
Sebastien Buemi is staying put as Red Bull's reserve driver. The 26-year-old has been the team's main test and simulation driver since he was dropped from the junior squad Toro ...
22 Dec 2014 09:05 -
Briatore: "Alonso was tired of Ferrari promises"
Fernando Alonso effectively decided to leave Ferrari more than a year ago. That is the claim of Flavio Briatore, who has played a leading role in the Spanish driver's management...
22 Dec 2014 08:43 -
Jean-Eric Vergne becomes test driver for Ferrari
Ferrari announces that, as from next season, Jean-Eric Vergne will join the Scuderia in the role of test driver to work on car development in the simulator. The rest of the driv...
19 Dec 2014 18:38 -
F1 speeding towards new engine rules for 2016
F1 is now speeding towards yet another new set of engine regulations. On Thursday at a Geneva meeting of the Strategy Group, Bernie Ecclestone proposed to scrap the current turb...
19 Dec 2014 16:02 -
Ecclestone locked in legal fight with German bank
Bernie Ecclestone and a German bank are still locked in a legal fight. Earlier this year, the F1 supremo controversially ended a criminal trial in Munich by paying $100 million....
19 Dec 2014 15:15 -
Chassis Sauber C34 passes mandatory crash tests
Sauber is the second team to have its new chassis homologated by the FIA. The Swiss outfit announced on Twitter that its C34 has passed the mandatory crash tests. The rear crash...
19 Dec 2014 14:39 -
Nasr chooses 12 as permanent race number for F1
Felipe Nasr has announced that he will be racing with number 12 in the Formula 1. The Brazilian is set to debut for Sauber in 2015. Nasr is one of three rookies in F1 next year,...
19 Dec 2014 13:26 -
Mercedes confirms departure of engineer Clear
Mercedes has confirmed the departure of new world champion Lewis Hamilton's performance engineer Jock Clear. "We thank Jock for his work and wish him well and all the best for t...
19 Dec 2014 11:28 -
Schumacher's son Mick in 'secret' Formula 4 test
Michael Schumacher's son is taking his next steps in the wake of his fabled father. Racing under the protective pseudonym of 'Mick Junior', 15-year-old Schumacher has had a succ...
19 Dec 2014 10:36 -
De la Rosa could follow Alonso out of Ferrari
Pedro de la Rosa has refused to comment on whether he will be following his countryman and friend out of Ferrari. It is rumoured that, with Esteban Gutierrez and his Mexican bac...
19 Dec 2014 09:51 -
Ecclestone, Walsh, Di Montezemolo join F1 board
F1's owner CVC has made three notable appointments to the sport's executive board. After escaping jail in the wake of the Gerhard Gribkowsky scandal, chief executive Bernie Eccl...
19 Dec 2014 08:42 -
Ecclestone pokes fun at bribery trial in Xmas card
Bernie Ecclestone has poked fun at the legal troubles that almost landed him in jail this year. Every Christmas season, the F1 supremo sends out a card to his friends in the spo...
18 Dec 2014 14:53 -
Horner confirms Renault is working with Ilmor
Christian Horner has confirmed that Red Bull's engine supplier Renault is now working with Mario Illien. As the French engine marque faltered at the start of the new 'power unit...
18 Dec 2014 10:13 -
Alonso was a real option for Lotus - Lopez
Lotus really was one of Fernando Alonso's options for the 2015 season, team owner Gerard Lopez has admitted. As the long saga preceding the Spanish driver's switch from Ferrari ...
18 Dec 2014 09:42 -
Ferrari convinces Mercedes figure to move to Maranello
The sweeping pre-2015 revolution at Ferrari is continuing at full speed. The latest of multiple heads to officially roll is the former Bridgestone tyre specialist Hirohide Hamas...
18 Dec 2014 08:26 -
Prost advice helped contain Mercedes rivalry - Wolff
Alain Prost gave Mercedes crucial advice early this year to help avoid a repeat of his troubled pairing with Ayrton Senna in the late 80s. Only in the past days has the bitter e...
17 Dec 2014 12:47 -
A number of stolen Red Bull trophies found in lake
Red Bull has recovered up to a third of the trophies stolen from its F1 headquarters in a ram-raid earlier this month. More than 60 trophies won on podiums around the world by t...
17 Dec 2014 12:02 -
Walsh no longer interested in role as F1 chairman
Paul Walsh is no longer a threat to Bernie Ecclestone's long reign over formula one. Specialist reports in the Financial Times and The Times newspapers said former Diageo chief ...
17 Dec 2014 11:28 -
Schumacher most searched-for sportsman on Google
Michael Schumacher was the most searched-for sportsman in 2014, the internet giant Google has announced. An analysis of the more than two trillion searches on the world's most p...
17 Dec 2014 10:35 -
Horner compares mindset Kvyat to that of Raikkonen
Christian Horner has likened Red Bull's new driver for 2015 to one of the most unique drivers in F1 history. As quadruple world champion Sebastian Vettel departed for Ferrari, R...
17 Dec 2014 09:57 -
Ferrari confirms departure of Tombazis and Fry
Ferrari has confirmed reports top engineers Nikolas Tombazis and Pat Fry have left the Italian team. We reported last week that, after a list of names left F1's turmoil-struck g...
17 Dec 2014 08:40 -
Ferrari welcomes America Móvil Group as sponsor
Scuderia Ferrari announces that it has reached a sponsorship agreement with Mexican based America Móvil group, a leading telecommunications company, with presence in Latin Amer...
16 Dec 2014 16:16 -
Vettel and Ferrari share will for revenge - Montezemolo
Ousted Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo has backed the Italian team's signing of Sebastian Vettel for 2015. Amid the turmoil of Ferrari's 2014 campaign, long-time chief Mon...
16 Dec 2014 12:05 -
Mercedes contemplating engine compromise solution
Mercedes is reportedly ready to compromise amid the engine regulations dispute. Backed by struggling Ferrari and Renault, F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone is so concerned about the ...
16 Dec 2014 10:56 -
Haas to bid for failed Marussia's assets at auction
Gene Haas has a close eye on Marussia as the backmarker team's collapse is completed over the next few days. On Tuesday, the assets of the failed Banbury-based team will begin t...
16 Dec 2014 09:42 -
Contract Frijns at Caterham expired yesterday
The contract between the 23-year-old Dutch race driver Robin Frijns and 1Malaysia Racing Team (1MRT), the company holding the race licence of Caterham F1 Team, expired yesterday...
16 Dec 2014 08:31 -
Gutierrez joins Ferrari as test and reserve driver
Ferrari announces that, as from next season, Esteban Gutierrez will become part of the Scuderia workforce. After two years competing in Formula 1 at the wheel of Ferrari-powered...
15 Dec 2014 16:11 -
Villeneuve sceptical about Alonso's return to McLaren
Ron Dennis has dismissed reports Fernando Alonso has built 'exit clauses' into his new McLaren-Honda contract. It is claimed the Spaniard might want to leave Woking at the end o...
15 Dec 2014 16:08 -
Decision to let Vergne go was 'difficult' - Tost
Jean-Eric Vergne has made a promising start to his post-F1 career. Dropped by Toro Rosso after three years on the grid, the 24-year-old Frenchman burst onto the Formula E scene ...
15 Dec 2014 15:41 -
Alonso rules out Le Mans outing for 2015
Fernando Alonso says he will not be following Nico Hulkenberg's lead by splitting his F1 duties with Le Mans next year. There has been speculation the Spaniard could join Force ...
15 Dec 2014 14:26 -
Steve Nielsen joins Williams as sporting manager
Williams Martini Racing is pleased to announce the appointment of Steve Nielsen to the position of Sporting Manager with immediate effect. In this role Steve will be responsi...
15 Dec 2014 13:34 -
Ecclestone rules out broadcasting F1 on internet
Bernie Ecclestone has ruled out the broadcasting of grands prix on the internet. The F1 chief executive, however, has acknowledged that despite his disparagement of things like ...
15 Dec 2014 12:47 -
Ferrari is not sick, only a bit tired - Todt
Jean Todt has urged Ferrari to resist making revolutionary changes after faltering at the start of the new V6 era. Before becoming FIA president, Frenchman Todt presided over Fe...
15 Dec 2014 12:12 -
Lauda not sure what is going to happen in engine row
Even Niki Lauda admits he is not sure what is the future of F1's engine regulations. Bernie Ecclestone revealed last week that he intends to propose during Thursday's Strategy G...
15 Dec 2014 11:30 -
'No sense' to start all over again in F1 - Kubica
Robert Kubica has suggested he is close to abandoning the idea of ever returning to formula one. Amid the Polish driver's burgeoning F1 career in early 2011, he almost severed h...
15 Dec 2014 10:52 -
Korea would clash with WEC race for Hulkenberg
Korea has become a potential spanner in the works for Nico Hulkenberg. It was announced recently that the German driver, whilst racing full-time for Force India in 2015, will al...
15 Dec 2014 10:04 -
Max Verstappen 'too young' for F1 - Todt
Jean Todt says Max Verstappen is 'too young' for formula one. At the most recent meeting of the World Motor Sport Council, the FIA agreed to impose a new minimum of 18 years as ...
15 Dec 2014 09:27 -
Magnussen's career only on 'pause' - Dennis
Ron Dennis has likened Kevin Magnussen to champions Fernando Alonso and Mika Hakkinen, insisting the deposed rookie Dane's career is only on 'pause'. McLaren gave 22-year-old Ma...
15 Dec 2014 08:43 -
Alonso and Dennis have unfinished business together
For both Fernando Alonso and Ron Dennis, a successful F1 marriage is "unfinished business". When they split seven years ago, most insiders found the idea of a reunion at any poi...
12 Dec 2014 12:11 -
Ecclestone unfazed by intentions of new F1 chief
Bernie Ecclestone on Thursday sounded unfazed following reports a new F1 chief intends to 'rein in' the long-time F1 supremo. The reports have said likely new F1 chairman Peter ...
12 Dec 2014 11:42 -
'Handshake deal' Bahrain makes race in Qatar unlikely
Bernie Ecclestone has admitted Korea is unlikely to make its return to the F1 world championship next year. That is despite the country being listed provisionally as one of 21 r...
12 Dec 2014 10:33 -
Dennis admits choosing against Magnussen 'painful'
Mere hours ago, his F1 career appeared over, but Jenson Button is now half of what Ron Dennis is hailing as "easily the best lineup" in F1 today. But as ever in formula one, the...
12 Dec 2014 09:29 -
Ecclestone to propose V8 or V10 comeback for 2016
Bernie Ecclestone refuses to give up his crusade against F1's current engine formula. Meeting with a select group of reporters on Thursday including Forbes' business journalist ...
12 Dec 2014 08:47 -
Caterham continues to fight for F1 survival
Despite the passing of a deadline, beleaguered F1 backmarker Caterham's fight for survival continues. Having sat out Austin and Brazil, a controversial crowdfunding scheme and p...
11 Dec 2014 12:42 -
Ferrari sends Pat Fry and Tombazis 'on vacation'
Pat Fry is the next major Ferrari name set to depart. Amid a tumultuous time for the fabled Maranello marque, 2014 has already seen a host of major names including Stefano Domen...
11 Dec 2014 12:03 -
Official: McLaren presents Alonso and Button as lineup
McLaren has finally announced its lineup for next season. Fernando Alonso has been signed as the big star and he will be joined bij Jenson Button for 2015. McLaren delayed its d...
11 Dec 2014 11:31 -
Sporting succes is always 'short-lived' - Rosberg
Nico Rosberg insists he has already bounced back from the disappointment of not winning the 2014 world championship. As his Mercedes team utterly dominated this season, the Germ...
11 Dec 2014 11:25 -
Verstappen has no problem with age controversy
F1's youngest ever driver Max Verstappen is expecting controversy about his age and experience to continue for now. At just over 17 years of age, the young Dutchman raised eyebr...
11 Dec 2014 10:38 -
Frentzen recovering from a serious knee operation
Once a race winner and title contender, Heinz-Harald Frentzen today drives a hearse and is recovering from knee surgery. Driving a Jordan, the German was a standout of the 1999 ...
11 Dec 2014 09:40 -
Button selected to be Alonso's teammate in 2015
British newspapers say Jenson Button has been selected to be fellow champion Fernando Alonso's Honda-powered McLaren teammate in 2015. Contrary to earlier speculation that after...
11 Dec 2014 08:21 -
McLaren invites media to 'important' event on Thursday
The long wait for news about McLaren's 2015 driver lineup finally appears to be over. The British team has invited select members of the press to an "important and exclusive med...
10 Dec 2014 15:02 -
Newey vows to stay 'in the loop' at Red Bull Racing
Red Bull is playing down the likely effect of Adrian Newey's diminished involvement. Although the sport's best paid and most highly rated engineer is staying with Red Bull at Mi...
10 Dec 2014 14:30 -
F1 needs to cut costs to attract new teams - Todt
Jean Todt has revealed his ambition to welcome "or or more" new teams to formula one. Although Caterham returned in Abu Dhabi, the collapse of the least competitive backmarkers ...
10 Dec 2014 13:42 -
No major difficulties with switch to F1 - Verstappen
Max Verstappen says working with a modern formula one team is easy. Since the 17-year-old was controversially signed by Toro Rosso for 2015, the sport's governing FIA has moved ...
10 Dec 2014 12:45 -
'McLaren hold-up related to Alonso's contract'
As the McLaren wait rolls on, the British team is continuing to take criticism for leaving Jenson Button and Kevin Magnussen in the lurch. "What is happening at McLaren is unwor...
10 Dec 2014 12:05 -
Nasr optimistic about competitive Sauber for 2015
Felipe Nasr has played down suggestions he is kicking off his F1 career with an ailing team. A constant and respected presence on the grid for over twenty years, Hinwil based Sa...
10 Dec 2014 11:14
Azerbaijan Grand Prix
Local time
-
Friday
Saturday
Sunday
Azerbaijan Grand Prix
Local time
-
Friday
-
Saturday
-
Sunday
-
Friday
-
Saturday
-
Sunday
