News
-
FIA publishes 19-race F1 calendar for 2014
The FIA has confirmed that previously-scheduled races in New Jersey, Korea and Mexico will in fact not take place in 2014. It is believed that South Korea is dropping out as org...
05 Dec 2013 08:26 -
Ferrari tester: "Red Bull has slight advantage for 2014"
Ferrari's test driver has admitted Red Bull will enter the 2014 season with a technical advantage, despite the radical new regulations. With the famous aerodynamicist Adrian New...
04 Dec 2013 12:12 -
Di Resta 'very unlikely' to continue in F1 next year
Force India on Tuesday named only one of its drivers for the 2014 season. As predicted, the Silverstone based team said its 2012 race driver, German Nico Hulkenberg, is returnin...
04 Dec 2013 11:30 -
Ecclestone now aims for first New Jersey race in 2015
Bernie Ecclestone has now confirmed reports that New Jersey will not be on next year's formula one calendar. Asked about recent reports that said the scheduled race amid the Man...
04 Dec 2013 08:48 -
Official: Hulkenberg signs multi-year deal with Force India
Sahara Force India is delighted to confirm that Nico Hülkenberg will return to Sahara Force India in 2014 after agreeing a multi-year deal. The 26-year-old German is no strange...
03 Dec 2013 16:22 -
Force India closing in on Hulkenberg for 2014
One of the last significant pieces of the 2014 'silly season' puzzle will fall into place on Tuesday, the German news agency SID reports. The reports said Nico Hulkenberg's swit...
03 Dec 2013 15:57 -
Brawn to ponder possible F1 return in the summer
Ross Brawn has confirmed reports he could return to formula one, after stepping down as Mercedes' team boss. Mercedes' team chairman Niki Lauda, who tried to convince the Briton...
03 Dec 2013 13:57 -
Whitmarsh travels to Madrid to visit Alonso exhibition
McLaren may not have given up on signing Fernando Alonso for its new Honda-powered era beginning in 2015. Team boss Martin Whitmarsh, who openly tried to woo the Spaniard back t...
03 Dec 2013 12:10 -
F1 could be matched for pace by GP2 - Scalabroni
F1 cars could be matched for pace by the single seaters of its support series next year. That is the fear and warning of Enrico Scalabroni, a well-known name in the F1 paddock, ...
03 Dec 2013 11:24 -
'Renault tested V6 turbo engine in World Series car'
Hot on the heels of reports Ferrari may have track tested its turbo V6 engine, it emerges that Renault might also have done the same. A video on the internet depicting an uniden...
03 Dec 2013 09:38 -
Kovalainen has to up his game after stuggling at Lotus
Heikki Kovalainen has admitted he will have to prove he has upped his game to a potential 2014 employer. After a season on the sidelines, the Finn was in pole position to return...
02 Dec 2013 16:33 -
Lauda expects Brawn to return in new F1 role eventually
Ross Brawn is going "fishing", but he may return to formula one after a break. That is the claim of Niki Lauda, who as Mercedes' team chairman tried to stop 58-year-old Briton B...
02 Dec 2013 15:54 -
Grosjean not sure if Lotus' money problems are solved
Romain Grosjean has admitted he is not sure if Lotus' money problems have been solved. The Enstone based team had been delaying signing its preferred option to replace the disgr...
02 Dec 2013 15:12 -
Webber's performance 'pretty shocking' - Schumacher
Michael Schumacher has described Mark Webber's performance alongside dominant world champion Sebastian Vettel this year as "shocking". Schumacher, Vettel's German compatriot, me...
02 Dec 2013 14:28 -
Thinner Ricciardo still needs to lose two kilos
A visibly-slimming Daniel Ricciardo had admitted he is still shedding kilograms ahead of his switch to Red Bull for 2014. The Australian is among the taller and heavier drivers ...
02 Dec 2013 13:41 -
2014 car 'a cousin' of title-winning RB9 - Newey
The rules are changing radically over the winter, but keen observers will still spot 'Red Bull DNA' at the heart of Adrian Newey's next creation. The turbo V6 regulations are no...
02 Dec 2013 12:15 -
Top three teams selected for tyre test in Bahrain
Three top teams will provide cars so that Pirelli can test its 2014 tyres later this month. Earlier, some teams objected amid rumours McLaren had put its hand up to run its 2013...
02 Dec 2013 11:53 -
Massa admits his wife wanted him to retire
If his wife had made the decision for him, Felipe Massa would now be a retired formula one driver. Actually, having lost his Ferrari seat after eight years with the Scuderia, th...
02 Dec 2013 10:49 -
Sutil describes his orange Force India as a carrot
In a clear sign he is leaving the Silverstone based team, Adrian Sutil has described this year's orange Force India car as a "carrot". It is believed that, with Force India expe...
02 Dec 2013 10:06 -
Van der Garde backer denies buying into a F1 team
Giedo van der Garde's father-in-law has denied he is considering buying into a formula one team. In recent weeks, the Dutch billionaire and businessman Marcel Boekhoorn, who spo...
02 Dec 2013 08:51 -
Exclusive: Ferrari testing V6 turbo engine at Fiorano
Ferrari has been testing their brand new V6 turbo engine at Fiorano, we can exclusively reveal. According to sources the video was shot at the 27th of November, last Wednesday. ...
30 Nov 2013 13:53 -
Official: Lotus confirms Maldonado and Grosjean for 2014
Lotus F1 Team is pleased to announce that Venezuelan driver Pastor Maldonado (28) will join the Enstone squad alongside Frenchman Romain Grosjean (27) for the 2014 Formula 1 sea...
29 Nov 2013 19:34 -
Lotus to announce Maldonado as Grosjean's teammate
Sources close to Lotus report that the Enstone based team is ready to announce the Williams-departed Pastor Maldonado as Romain Grosjean's teammate for 2014. Earlier, the talent...
29 Nov 2013 16:42 -
F1 not immune, situation really alarming - Schumacher
F1 legend Michael Schumacher has admitted he is worried about the sport's financial health. As teams prepare for the even more expensive 2014 regulations, Lotus and Sauber have ...
29 Nov 2013 12:09 -
Austrian GP sells out all tickets within three days
Tickets for next year's returning Austrian grand prix have sold out. Next June's race at the former A1-Ring, demolished and rebuilt by Red Bull, went on sale a mere three days a...
29 Nov 2013 11:44 -
Sauber chief engineer flees to Force India
Nico Hulkenberg is expected to flee to Force India, and Sauber is now also losing its chief engineer to the Silverstone based team. The Swiss newspaper Blick reports that Tom Mc...
29 Nov 2013 10:25 -
McLaren assumes Mercedes done a good job with V6
Martin Whitmarsh has admitted he is not sure if Mercedes will supply a "competitive" engine in 2014. According to the paddock grapevine, the German manufacturer has an early per...
29 Nov 2013 08:44 -
Mercedes well placed to be a contender for 2014 title
Norbert Haug, the former Mercedes competition boss, has bad news for the hopeful German marque. To now be headed by Paddy Lowe, Toto Wolff and Niki Lauda, Mercedes is bullish ab...
28 Nov 2013 15:14 -
'Red Bull's claim about not spending the most just rubbish'
After Ferrari denied it is the biggest spender in formula one, McLaren says the most financially powerful team in pitlane is actually Red Bull. Like Ferrari, Red Bull denies it,...
28 Nov 2013 13:56 -
Webber deletes comments about Horner, Marko and Vettel
Comments in which Mark Webber was highly critical of his former Red Bull colleagues have been removed from the Australian's official website. It has been no secret that Webber, ...
28 Nov 2013 12:12 -
Marussia owner wants to merge with Sauber
F1 could be set to shed yet another team from the back of the grid ahead of the 2014 season. Twelve teams contested last year's world championship, but struggling HRT succumbed ...
28 Nov 2013 11:34 -
Official: Brawn steps down as Mercedes team principal
The Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team today announced that Ross Brawn will step down from his position as Team Principal at the end of 2013. Following an extended period of...
28 Nov 2013 10:35 -
Mercedes F1 engine caught fire on a test bench
A fire this week was not the first incident at Brixworth, as Mercedes develops its turbo V6 engine for 2014. Germany's Auto Motor und Sport reports that the fire brigade was cal...
28 Nov 2013 10:12 -
Alonso banned from talking about Ferrari via Twitter
Fernando Alonso has been banned from talking about Ferrari via his personal Twitter account. The Spaniard had his ear "tweaked" by team president Luca di Montezemolo earlier thi...
28 Nov 2013 09:44 -
Mercedes to announce Brawn departure on Thursday
Mercedes will announce on Thursday that Ross Brawn is leaving the German team. Brawn, 58, has been the Brackley based team's principal since even before the Stuttgart marque too...
28 Nov 2013 08:27 -
Horner as successor one of Ecclestone's jokes - Montezemolo
Luca di Montezemolo has dismissed as a "joke" Bernie Ecclestone's claim that Christian Horner is his ideal successor as F1 supremo. Amid the Ecclestone corruption affair, and th...
27 Nov 2013 16:15 -
Ferrari almost certainly to abandon pullrod suspension for 2014
Ferrari has "almost certainly" abandoned its novel approach to front suspension layout ahead of the 2014 season. That is the claim of the authoritative Italian publication Autos...
27 Nov 2013 14:36 -
Most colleagues pick Alonso, not Vettel, as best driver
As only a forced winter pause finally stops Sebastian Vettel's winning streak for now, the F1 grid is divided over whether the German is really the best. He has won four world c...
27 Nov 2013 13:45 -
Ecclestone still thinks switch to V6 engines is unnecessary
F1's V8 engines have already roared for the last time, but Bernie Ecclestone still thinks moving to turbo V6s next year is a bad idea. Asked by the Spanish sports newspaper Marc...
27 Nov 2013 13:20 -
Ferrari: "Reports of biggest F1 budget are a fantasy"
Ferrari has hit back at reports in a famous British magazine that its budget is the highest in formula one. Autosport said Ferrari's annual budget is EUR 250 million; 15 more...
27 Nov 2013 10:46 -
First winter test likely to take place next month
Moves are afoot to organise a Pirelli tyre test in December, ahead of the start of official 2014 testing in January. F1's official supplier had been pushing for the Bahrain t...
27 Nov 2013 10:10 -
Caterham regroups and recharges after finishing last
Caterham's future remains on track, despite the blow of finishing the 2013 constructors' championship dead last. Since debuting in 2010, the green-coloured team has always fende...
26 Nov 2013 14:28 -
Marko about Kvyat: "He has big balls"
F1's newest cool cucumber is Daniil Kvyat. Signed up by team owners Red Bull to replace Daniel Ricciardo at Toro Rosso next year, the Russian teen got an early start with practi...
26 Nov 2013 13:34 -
Button has no fears McLaren will fade away like Williams
Jenson Button has played down fears McLaren could be set to enter a Williams-like slide into the bottom half of the formula one grid. The once-dominant Williams team has now bee...
26 Nov 2013 12:14 -
Vettel the only one who's 'sad' 2013 season finally over
Sebastian Vettel says he is "sad" the 2013 season, characterised by his history-making dominance, is now over. But the Red Bull driver does not have much company, made plain by ...
26 Nov 2013 11:55 -
Red Bull only just filed application for Austria GP
Circuit owner Red Bull has only just filed its application to allow a sizeable race-day crowd to assemble for the 2014 Austrian grand prix. The energy drink company, having demo...
26 Nov 2013 10:28 -
Brawn to announce departure from Mercedes this week
An announcement about Ross Brawn's departure from Mercedes is now imminent. Germany's normally-reliable Sport Bild says the news is coming "later this week", at the end of a per...
26 Nov 2013 09:04 -
Maldonado triggers final 'silly season' pieces to fall into place
The final pieces of the 2014 grid are now set to fall into place. With the possible - albeit unlikely - exception of Caterham and Marussia, the only team with full driver stabil...
26 Nov 2013 08:33 -
Dennis went to extraordinary lengths to thwart Hamilton switch
McLaren 'supremo' Ron Dennis went to extraordinary lengths in an attempt to thwart Lewis Hamilton's switch to Mercedes for 2013, according to a report in the Daily Mail. Dennis,...
25 Nov 2013 14:53 -
Kovalainen underestimated difficulty of replacing Raikkonen
The tumultuous 2014 'silly season' is taking yet another twist, as Heikki Kovalainen's hopes of returning full-time next year fall dramatically. Mere days ago, the Finn was a po...
25 Nov 2013 13:41 -
McLaren doctor Aki Hintsa steps away from F1
McLaren doctor Aki Hintsa is stepping away from formula one. The broadcaster MTV3 reports that the Finn will from now on concentrate on running his clinic in Geneva. "Travell...
25 Nov 2013 12:11 -
'Hulkenberg and Perez new line-up for Force India'
Nico Hulkenberg physically signed on the dotted line of a 2014 Force India contract in Brazil on Sunday. That is the claim of Germany's reliable Sport Bild, as it emerged that t...
25 Nov 2013 11:25 -
Honda has approached Mercedes staff - Wolff
Honda, to return to F1 in 2015 with McLaren, has begun to poach staff from rival manufacturers like Mercedes. That is the claim of Mercedes' motor sport chief Toto Wolff, who sa...
25 Nov 2013 09:56 -
Tears and fury as 2013 season closes in Brazil
Popular Mark Webber raced into F1 retirement with one final show of irreverence, completing his lap on the way to the Interlagos podium without the protection of his helmet. Tol...
25 Nov 2013 08:38 -
Massa tips awkward Raikkonen pairing for Alonso
Felipe Massa has tipped Fernando Alonso to share an awkward relationship with his new Ferrari teammate. Between 2007 and 2009, before Spaniard Alonso arrived at the fabled Itali...
24 Nov 2013 19:54 -
Ferrari denies Hulkenberg signed a pre-contract for 2015
Ferrari has played down rumours Nico Hulkenberg is in line to join the Maranello based team in 2015. Although now fighting simply to stay on the grid next year, the highly rated...
24 Nov 2013 16:13 -
Caterham first in line for 2014 car crash test
Caterham is the first team in line to pass the FIA's mandatory static crash test with its all-new 2014 chassis. That is the claim of Germany's Auto Motor und Sport, adding th...
24 Nov 2013 12:17 -
Horner: "I will stay at Red Bull and not succeed Bernie"
Red Bull team boss Christian Horner has had to "reaffirm his commitment" to Red Bull after Bernie Ecclestone named him as his ideal successor. F1 'supremo' Ecclestone, caught...
23 Nov 2013 13:43 -
Pirelli considering to buy new F1 test car
Pirelli is considering buying a new F1 test car from one of the teams. Already frustrated by the lack of testing opportunities, and the teams' collective reluctance to help, F1'...
23 Nov 2013 13:24 -
Ross Brawn linked to Ferrari for return
Ross Brawn is being linked with a sensational return to Ferrari. Mercedes' current team boss, who was technical director at Maranello during the ultra-successful Michael Schumac...
23 Nov 2013 12:31 -
Webber to join Porsche one day after last F1 race
Mark Webber will waste no time at all before leaping into his new Le Mans career. News Limited newspapers say the Australian's Porsche era will begin on the day after Sunday's B...
22 Nov 2013 17:03 -
Alonso likes to do his talking on the track
Fernando Alonso has opted not to respond to his boss Luca di Montezemolo, after the Ferrari president gave the driver "eight out of 10" for his 2013 season. Earlier, Alonso said...
22 Nov 2013 16:28 -
Kovalainen reacts calmly to Briatore criticism
Heikki Kovalainen has responded to his former manager Flavio Briatore, after the Italian claimed Lotus should not have signed him. Drafted in to replace the injured Kimi Raikkon...
22 Nov 2013 15:22 -
Ecclestone hopes for Horner as his successor
Bernie Ecclestone has named Red Bull team boss Christian Horner as his ideal successor. Ecclestone, F1's long-time 'supremo', is currently locked in legal battles amid a corrupt...
22 Nov 2013 14:47 -
ADAC no longer in the running to buy Nurburgring
One step forward, and one step back: the German automobile club ADAC is no longer in the running to buy the embattled Nurburgring. We reported last week that 2013 race promoter ...
22 Nov 2013 13:51 -
Ferrari duo say car for 2014 'really difficult to drive'
The next generation of F1 car could be very difficult to drive, Ferrari's Fernando Alonso and Felipe Massa said on Thursday. Insiders say the transition between the V8 era and t...
22 Nov 2013 11:54 -
Maldonado, Hulkenberg keys in last stage of 'silly season'
Pastor Maldonado and Nico Hulkenberg remain the keys to the last phase of F1's 2014 'silly season'. PDVSA-backed Maldonado, a grand prix winner, is the powerful 'pay driver' on ...
22 Nov 2013 11:01 -
Perez '95 per cent sure' he will continue in F1
Sergio Perez says he is "95 per cent sure" he will still be on the formula one grid next year. The Mexican, who has lost his McLaren seat, sounded confident about his future whe...
22 Nov 2013 09:56 -
F1 loses official sponsor LG
Formula one has lost an official sponsor. LG, the electronics brand, has announced it is ending its five-year relationship with the sport. "LG would like to thank the many or...
22 Nov 2013 08:39 -
Brazil 2013 preview quotes: Caterham F1 Team
Charles Pic: "We've reached the end of the season, a year which I've enjoyed and believe I've learnt a lot from, both on and off track. There have been a number of really good m...
21 Nov 2013 16:47
Azerbaijan Grand Prix
Local time
-
Friday
Saturday
Sunday
Azerbaijan Grand Prix
Local time
-
Friday
-
Saturday
-
Sunday
-
Friday
-
Saturday
-
Sunday
